Birthday Request Terms and Conditions.
LA Zoo Daytime Parties
Terms and Conditions
Rental Space Locations and Fees:
- Gazebo #1 accommodates up to 40 people with a fee of $150.00
- Gazebo #2 accommodates up to 80 people with a fee of $225.00
- Mahale Mountain accommodates up to 80 people with a fee of $1,000.00
- Eucalyptus Grove accommodates 200 people with a fee of $350.00
- Treetops Terrace accommodates up to 500 people with a fee of $600.00
The rental space fee confirms the reservation of your private party area. The Gazebo areas come with picnic table seating. Tables and chairs are included with your rental Treetops Terrace, Eucalyptus Grove and Mahale Mountain, subject to availability, and require a set-up fee of $250.00. Gazebo#1 and Gazebo #2 have a reservation time of (2) two hours.
Zoo Admission Tickets
Zoo admission tickets or a valid Los Angeles Zoo membership is required for each host and every guest attending your event. LA Zoo membership privileges apply, so if you and/or your guests are members, your/their membership cards may be used for entry. The number of entries is based on the membership level. Admission tickets may be purchased the day of your party or may be purchased in advance.
Groups of fifteen (15) or more: Parties of 15 people or more qualify for the group discount ticket rate of $18 per adult (including seniors) and $15 for children ages 2-12, and children under the age of 2 are free. To receive the group rate, a minimum of 15 tickets must be purchased in a single transaction.
Tickets may be purchased by prior to your event party through your private event coordinator or at window #11 the day of your party. Purchasing tickets prior to the party date is strongly encouraged and will expedite your and your guest’s entrance into the zoo.
Groups of fourteen (14) or fewer: Parties of 14 or fewer people must pay the regular Zoo admission rate, and tickets may be purchased at the regular Admissions windows or on a mobile phone. One adult regular admission is $21.00, senior regular admission, ages 62 and over, is $18.00, children’s regular admission, ages 2-12, is $16.00, and children under 2 years are admitted without charge.
Regular and group admissions fees are subject to change without notice.
Admission tickets are non-refundable. The zoo is unable to issue refunds for “no show” guests. However, zoo admission tickets do not expire and may be used by anyone on any future date.
Will Call Ticket Policy for Private Parties
The LA Zoo offers a “Will Call” service at the Membership booth where your guests may wait in the Membership line to pick up their tickets. To use this service, a full guest list must be submitted to your event coordinator via email by THREE days prior to your event. Hosts also have the option of picking up all the party tickets at once and will be responsible for distributing them to guests at the Zoo entrance.
If you choose to use the Will Call Service at the Membership Booth, please be aware of the following policies:
- Tickets must be purchased THREE business days prior to your event date in a single transaction. Call the Private Events department at (323) 821-8650 to place your order.
- Hosts must provide a full guest list of all attendees THREE business days prior to the event. Guest list should include first and last names of each guest and indicate Adult or Child next to the name.
- Only guests who are listed on the list provided by the host will receive a ticket.
- If there is an issue with the guest list, the host must come to the Membership booth to handle the issue.
- Please advise your guests that they will need to wait in the membership line to pick up their tickets.
- Any extra tickets needed may be purchase at full admission price at the Membership booth.
- If there are tickets unclaimed by guests, the host may collect those tickets for future use. Tickets are non-refundable. Tickets do not expire and may be redeemed for general zoo admission on another date.
Parking and arrival: Parking is free or Preferred Parking is available for $10, cash only, per car. Preferred parking pricing is subject to change without notice. Hosts are advised to list an arrival time of 15-30 minutes prior to the scheduled party start time on invitations. All guests are encouraged to arrive early to allow enough time to find parking and walk to the party location.
Decorations policy: For the safety of our animals, balloons, straws, streamers, open flames, glass bottles, whistles, balls, Frisbees, glitter, string-a-can, silly string, live animals, electric toys, piñatas, sparkles, stickers and confetti are not allowed. We do not recommend bringing anything that requires hanging.
Gazebo 1 and Gazebo 2
Gazebo #1 has five (5) 46” round picnic tables and Gazebo #2 has ten (10) 46” round picnic tables. Two (2) 8’ rectangular tables are also included in each Gazebo for gift table and food. No set-up fees apply in Gazebo 1 or 2.
You may begin set up thirty (30) minutes prior to your assigned party time in Gazebo 1 or 2. Parties must be completed by your event end time. Clean-up is your responsibility and must be completed within thirty (30) minutes after your party end time. To encourage consideration for the next party hosts, a $30.00 fee will be charged to the party host for every fifteen (15) minutes a party exceeds its designated time. A $60.00 fee will be assessed if the space is not cleaned.
A catering coordinator will be on-site to deliver, set-up and clean-up all food and beverage items.
Treetops Terrace, Eucalyptus Grove and Mahale Mountain
Tables and chairs are included in the site rental fee, but are subject to availability. Linens can be rented through the events coordinator at a price of $17/each. Additional tables and chairs may also be rented. A set-up fee of $250 will be applied to events in these venues. Along with a catering coordinator, an event coordinator will be onsite from set-up to clean-up.
Catering: Hosts must order from our in-house caterer, Volume Services America (minimum thirty (30) guests). Bringing in alcohol is strictly prohibited. If hosts have their event catered by an outside company, a 16.5% fee will be assessed to host by our in-house caterer, Volume Services America, and will require host to submit a copy of their final outside catering bill.
To reserve a party location: Please fill out a private event rental form at lazoo.org/birthdays/birthday-party-rental-form/. Reservations are on a first come, first served basis and are only final when full payment of the location fee is received.
Cancellation policy: If you are unable to attend your party, the payments you have made are considered charitable contributions and may be tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Charitable contribution letters are available upon request. Parties will take place regardless of weather: rain or shine. The party space reservation, any scheduled Animal WalkAbout(s), face painter, or caricature arties, and any in-house catering orders cannot be rescheduled.
Final counts and payments: Final party count, catering orders, and payments for zoo admission tickets, and rental fee are due by noon the Wednesday prior to your party. Food orders or other add-ons will be charged to your credit card on the Wednesday before your party. If you wish to use a different credit card, you will need to notify us, otherwise, your original card will be charged.
Add-ons and their costs
- $200.00 – Animal WalkAbout – Thirty (30) minutes with a zookeeper and your choice of a sugar glider, armadillo or a reptile (depending on availability)
- $175.00 – Face Painter – One (1) hour
- $175.00 – Caricature Artist – One (1) hour
- $3.00 – Carousel Ride, per person per ride
- $5.50 each – Party Favor Bags
- $5.50 each – Foam Animal Visors