A spell of enchantment has befallen the Zoo, with haunting good fun through the month of Boo!
Treat the imagination, not the sweet tooth, at Boo at the L.A. Zoo, where you’ll find Halloween adventure every day in October and special entertainment – including live music, special animal feedings, pumpkin carving, and crafts – on weekends. Costumes encouraged! Proudly sponsored by the 99 Cents Only Stores.
An extra special treat this weekend only (10/10 & 10/11): Meet Arlo and Spot from Disney/Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.!
Daily Boo adventures include:
- Super Natural Caves – Explore dim caverns that put a spooky spotlight on the incredible powers of animals 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Animals &
YouBoo – Get up close to scaly, slithery, creepy, crawly creatures. So close, in fact, you may even get to touch them! At 10: 45 and 11:45 a.m. daily, with an extra show at 12:45 p.m. on weekends.
- Graveyard Safari – Trek through a hay bale maze and encounter creatures of the Los Angeles Night 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Freaky Framed Photo Op – Take a frightfully good picture among the portraits of a haunted gallery 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The L.A.I.R. – No decorations needed for this goose bump-inducing adventure where you’ll come face-to-face with rare snakes, poisonous frogs, and venomous lizards. Open 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Weekend Boo adventures include:
- Creepy Crafts – Create bat and spider web masterpieces 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Dress Up with Campfire Cathy – Enjoy sing-alongs and free face painting at 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Masterpiece Pumpkins – Marvel at expert carving demonstrations 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fearsome Feedings & Creature Treats – Watch as our animal residents enjoy seasonal treats all their own. See schedule below. Warning: Includes carcass feedings. Parental discretion is advised.
- Strolling Characters – Meet and take pictures with spooky and fanciful characters 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The entire month of October 2015
with added activities on Saturdays and Sundays!
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Free with paid Zoo admission or GLAZA membership
Trick or Treating will be October 24, 25, and 31
Animal Feedings Schedule:
|October 3 at 1:30 p.m.||Lion|
|October 4 at 11 a.m.||Komodo dragon|
|October 10 at 12 p.m.||Jaguar|
|October 11 at 12 p.m.||Elephant|
|October 17 at 1 p.m.||Bear|
|October 18 at 2 p.m.||Tiger|
|October 24 at 12 p.m.||Snow leopard|
|October 25 at 11 a.m.||Komodo dragon|
Boo at the L.A. Zoo Upper-Level Members Preview
GLAZA members at the Family Deluxe level and above have the opportunity to experience Boo at the L.A. Zoo before the Zoo opens to the public. Guest passes will not be honored at this event. To RSVP for this exclusive morning event or upgrade your support in order to attend, please phone 323/644-4770.
October 24 (Saturday)
8:30 – 10 a.m.
Please bring your membership card and valid photo I.D. for admission. Guest passes will not be honored for this event. This event is for Family Deluxe members and higher. Thank you for your GLAZA membership support!