A spell of enchantment has befallen the Zoo, with haunting good fun throughout the month of Boo!
Treat the imagination, not the sweet tooth, at Boo at the L.A. Zoo, where you’ll find Halloween adventure every day in October and special entertainment – including live performances, special animal feedings, pumpkin carving, strolling characters, and crafts – on weekends. Costumes encouraged!
Daily Boo Adventures
- Creepy Caves – Explore dim caverns that are home to giant slithering, crawling creatures from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Ghoulish Grove – Make your way through the Graveyard Safari and discover spooky sights around every corner from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Freaky Framed Photo Op – Take a frightfully good picture among the portraits of a haunted gallery from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The L.A.I.R. – No decorations needed for this goose bump-inducing adventure where you’ll come face-to-face with rare snakes, poisonous frogs, and venomous lizards. Open 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Animals &
YouBoo – Get up close to creepy critters – so close, in fact, you may even get to touch them! At 10: 45 and 11:45 a.m. daily, with an extra show at 12:45 p.m. on weekends.
- Dinosaurs: Unextinct meets Boo at the L.A. Zoo – Explore an ancient forest and find remnants of an overnight expedition where campers got hair-raisingly close to giant, roaring dinosaurs that have been brought back to life for a limited time. But don’t worry, the dinosaurs are safely back in their enclosures and will not escape again. Or will they? This special exhibit is $5 plus zoo admission for guests 2 and older.
Weekend Boo Adventures
- Spooky Crafts – Create bat and spider web masterpieces from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Musical Monster Mash-Up – Laugh and sing along with Swazzle’s sweet-and-spooky Halloween puppet show at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Fire & Ice Science Show – Enter a mad scientists lab and witness jaw-dropping demonstrations at 2:30 p.m.
- Halloween Dance Party with the GEC Street Team – Dance and play fun family games (with prizes!) from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Disney’s Moana – Don’t miss Disney’s Moana photo opportunity at Boo at the Zoo this weekend, where you can immerse yourself into Oceania!
- Masterpiece Pumpkins – Marvel at expert carving demonstrations from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Meet The PJ Masks! – Catboy, Owlette and Gekko are soaring into action at Boo at the Zoo on Saturday, October 29th! You can meet the PJ Masks throughout the day at the Ghoulish Grove!
- Strolling Characters – Meet and take pictures with spooky and fanciful characters from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Peppa Pig Meet and Greet! – Oinktastic News! Peppa Pig is visiting Boo at the Zoo on Sunday, October 30 — be sure to stop by the Ghoulish Grove to meet her throughout the day on Sunday, October 30!
- Fearsome Feedings & Creature Treats – Watch as our animal residents enjoy seasonal treats all their own. See schedule below. Warning: Includes carcass feedings. Parental discretion is advised.
Don’t miss trick-or-treating on October 29 and 30!
Proudly sponsored by:
Animal Feedings Schedule
|October 1||11:30 a.m. - Elephants (Special feeding with large pumpkin)|
1:00 p.m. - Lions (Carcass feeding)
|October 2||11:30 a.m. - Komodo dragons (Femur bone feeding)|
|October 8||2:00 p.m. - Tiger (Carcass feeding)|
|October 9||1:00 p.m. - Gorillas (Pumpkin feeding and keeper talk)|
|October 15||11:00 a.m. - Aldabra tortoise (Special prickly pears feeding and keeper talk)|
1:00 p.m. - Black bear (Pumpkin feeding)
|October 16||2:00 p.m. - Jaguar (Carcass feeding)|
|October 22||12:00 p.m. - African painted dogs (Carcass feeding)|
2:00 p.m. - Piranha (Feeding)
|October 23||11:00 a.m. - Komodo dragons (Femur feeding)|
|October 29||9:00 a.m. - Sloth (Special roses feeding, on location out of the exhibit)|
1:30 a.m. - Okapi (Special banana peel feeding and keeper talk)
|October 30||11:30 a.m. - Elephants (Special feeding with large pumpkin)|
1:30 p.m. - Hippos (Large pumpkins for the water)
Boo at the L.A. Zoo Upper-Level Members Preview
GLAZA members at the Family Deluxe level and above have the opportunity to experience Boo at the L.A. Zoo before the Zoo opens to the public. Guest passes will not be honored at this event. To RSVP for this exclusive morning event or upgrade your support in order to attend, please phone 323/644-4770.
October 29 (Saturday)
8:30 – 10 a.m.
Please bring your membership card and valid photo I.D. for admission. Guest passes will not be honored for this event. This event is for Family Deluxe members and higher. Thank you for your GLAZA membership support!