A spell of enchantment has befallen the Zoo, with haunting good fun throughout the month of Boo!
Treat the imagination, not the sweet tooth, at Boo at the L.A. Zoo, where you’ll find Halloween adventure every day in October and special entertainment – including live performances, special animal feedings, pumpkin carving, strolling characters, and crafts – on weekends. Costumes encouraged!
Daily Boo adventures include:
- Creepy Caves – Explore dim caverns that are home to giant slithering, crawling creatures from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Ghoulish Grove – Make your way through a mysterious maze and discover spooky sights around every corner from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Freaky Framed Photo Op – Take a frightfully good picture among the portraits of a haunted gallery from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The L.A.I.R. – No decorations needed for this goose bump-inducing adventure where you’ll come face-to-face with rare snakes, poisonous frogs, and venomous lizards. Open 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Animals &
YouBoo – Get up close to creepy critters – so close, in fact, you may even get to touch them! At 10: 45 and 11:45 a.m. daily, with an extra show at 12:45 p.m. on weekends.
- Dinosaurs: Unextinct meets Boo at the L.A. Zoo – Explore an ancient forest and find remnants of an overnight expedition where campers got hair-raisingly close to giant, roaring dinosaurs that have been brought back to life for a limited time. But don’t worry, the dinosaurs are safely back in their enclosures and will not escape again. Or will they? This special exhibit is $5 plus zoo admission for guests 2 and older.
Weekend Boo adventures include:
- Spooky Crafts – Create bat and spider web masterpieces from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Musical Monster Mash-Up – Laugh and sing along with Swazzle’s sweet-and-spooky Halloween puppet show at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Fire & Ice Science Show – Enter a mad scientists lab and witness jaw-dropping demonstrations at 2:30 p.m.
- Halloween Dance Party with the GEC Street Team – Dance and play fun family games (with prizes!) from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Masterpiece Pumpkins – Marvel at expert carving demonstrations from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Strolling Characters – Meet and take pictures with spooky and fanciful characters from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fearsome Feedings & Creature Treats – Watch as our animal residents enjoy seasonal treats all their own. See (forthcoming) schedule below. Warning: Includes carcass feedings. Parental discretion is advised.
Don’t miss trick-or-treating on October 29 and 30!
Proudly sponsored by:
Boo at the L.A. Zoo Upper-Level Members Preview
GLAZA members at the Family Deluxe level and above have the opportunity to experience Boo at the L.A. Zoo before the Zoo opens to the public. Guest passes will not be honored at this event. To RSVP for this exclusive morning event or upgrade your support in order to attend, please phone 323/644-4770.
October 29 (Saturday)
8:30 – 10 a.m.
Please bring your membership card and valid photo I.D. for admission. Guest passes will not be honored for this event. This event is for Family Deluxe members and higher. Thank you for your GLAZA membership support!