- Fire trucks and firefighters will be on hand with cool demos and fire hose sprays.
- Guests can chill at special Cool Zones with misters and fans at select locations throughout the Zoo.
- The Radio Disney Street team will heat things up (in a good way) with games, sing-alongs and contests from 11am to 1pm.
- Kids can be “made in the shade” with their own customized paper sun visors.
- Ice sculpture artists will be crafting animal masterpieces out of huge ice blocks.
- The popular Mobile Mural Lab is back! Kids can paint away on giant moveable canvases, with Zoo residents as their inspiration.
- Animals will stay cool with frozen goodies made with their favorite foods! Lions get “meatsicles,” orangutans enjoy “fruitsicles,” our black bear will chomp on “fishsicles,” and our elephants will get “trashsicles,” which are giant blocks of frozen fruit and veggies prepared in 33-gallon trash cans.
- For humans, frosty free samples of Chloe’s™ Soft Serve Fruit Pops are available all day, while supplies last.
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Giant inflatable slide in Eucalyptus Grove
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Crafts for kids in front of World of Birds Theater: paper fan-making and custom sun visors
10:30 a.m. – Ice-carving demonstration at Elephant Circle
10:45 a.m. – Harbor Seal feeding and keeper talk at Sea Life Cliffs
11:00 a.m. – “Meatsicles” at the Lion exhibit
11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Radio Disney Street Team in Eucalyptus Grove
11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. – 5 Alarm Fire Truck in Selig Plaza
12:00 p.m. – “Fruitsicles” at the Orangutan exhibit}
12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., Saturday only – Mobile Mural Lab, beginning in area in front of World of Birds Theater
1:00 p.m. – Giant blocks of frozen fruits and veggies–or “trashsicles”–at Elephants of Asia
1:30 p.m. – Ice-carving demonstration at Elephant Circle
2:00 p.m. – “Fishsicles” at the Black Bear exhibit