Self-directed visits are available on a first-call, first-served basis. If you do not have a reservation prior to arriving at the Zoo, you may have to wait, and you will have to pay the regular admission fee.
Special school rates are available only to those who have made a reservation in advance. You may make a reservation by calling (323) 644-4211 to speak to a reservationist between 8:30am and 4pm, Monday through Friday.
Please click here for more information about registration. Do not assume you have a reservation until you have received a confirmation number and packet from the Los Angeles Zoo.
- Book your field trip very early
- Check and double-check your confirmation materials for accuracy
- Call the Zoo immediately if there are any necessary changes
- Prepare all chaperones — all children must have a chaperone with them at all times
- Count the students and chaperones before your arrival at the Zoo
- Have a mobile phone number handy for emergencies
- Give your chaperones and students any pertinent information before your arrival at the Zoo
- Hand out your lunches and have a lunch plan before your arrival at the Zoo
- Have one form of payment ready upon arrival.
Guided Tours (10 & 11:30am)
Guided tours are available on a first-call, first-served basis. You must book your guided tour in advance. Do not assume you have a guided tour booked until you have received a confirmation number and packet from the Los Angeles Zoo. It is imperative that you arrive early for your guided tour, and that you tell any Zoo staff upon your arrival that you have a guided tour. The check-in process usually takes 15 – 20 minutes, so be sure to arrrive early so that we may begin your tour on time. If you are more than 30 minutes late for your tour, it may be subject to cancellation.
Special Needs Outreach
Do your students have special needs that make it difficult for you to bring them to the Zoo? Our docents will bring live animals and other touchable items to your classroom with a program especially designed for students with disabilities. Please click here for more information.