We are excited to bring back this family fun weekend in honor of the opening of our new Rainforest of the Americas exhibit. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about animals of Central and South America, many of them rare and endangered, while celebrating the rich cultures of these regions.
- Live performances by the Grammy-winning Mariachi Divas, Music Center on Tour artist Ballet Folclorico do Brasil, Ballet Folklorico Maria Felix and ASOSAL.
- Latin American-inspired craft projects para los niños.
- Special treats and activities for animals such as our jaguar, capuchin and howler monkeys, and always-playful giant river otters.
Special Treats & Fun for Animals:
- 11:00 a.m. – Capuchin monkey in the South America area
- 11:00 a.m. – Howler monkey in Rainforest of the Americas
- 3:00 p.m. – Jaguar in the South America area
- 3:00 p.m. – Giant otter in the South America area
Entertainment in the Eucalyptus Grove:
- 10:30 a.m. – ASOSAL
- 11:30 a.m. (Saturday only) – Author Cecilia Velastagui reads “Olinguito Speaks Up”
- 12:00 p.m. – Music Center on Tour artist Ballet Folclorico do Brasil
- 1:00 p.m. – Ballet Folklorico Maria Felix
- 2:00 p.m. – Mariachi Divas
South America Area:
Learn more about exotic and endangered animals at two educational stations.
Crafts in the Treetops and Carousel Plaza:
- Make your own balero
- Paper flowers
Rainforest of the Americas:
There will be docent-led tours of this incredible exhibit throughout the day, as well as education stations.