For more than four decades, the private, non-profit Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association (GLAZA) has funded exhibits, animal and plant species conservation, capital projects, and education and community outreach programs at the Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens. It stands as an international leader in the preservation of endangered species and a conservation center for the care and study of wildlife. There are currently over 72,500 GLAZA member households, the largest membership base of a cultural organization in Los Angeles, and it boasts a volunteer corps of over 700.
GLAZA’s Mission Statement
The Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association is a nonprofit corporation created to support the Los Angeles Zoo in its mission to nurture wildlife and enrich the human experience. GLAZA’s primary responsibility is to seek and provide financial support for the Zoo’s programs and capital projects.
Ways to Support the Zoo
Did you know that the L.A. Zoo attracts more than 1.6 million visitors a year? And we are growing. More and more people visit the Zoo because it remains one of the most economical entertainment and educational institutions in the city. On any given day, hundreds of school children experience exotic animals up close, and learn about their behaviors, habitats, and the need for wildlife conservation. During the spring, summer, and winter holidays, the L.A. Zoo hosts a vibrant ZooCamp, even providing scholarships so that underserved children can participate.
In short, the L.A. Zoo is an incomparable educational and inspirational asset to our community.
Please show how much you value the L.A. Zoo now and ensure that it can continue for future generations by making a tax-deductible donation. In gratitude for your generosity, GLAZA offers a variety of donor programs and giving opportunities that provide you with some wonderful benefits. Choose one, or even two! You can read about them in more detail below.
Do something to show you care and support this amazing community resource. If you would like to talk with someone about GLAZA’s giving vehicles, please call the Development office at (323) 644-6035.
Thank you, in advance, for supporting your L. A. Zoo.
Making a general contribution to GLAZA has a direct impact on the more than 1,100 animals that call the L.A. Zoo home. By providing immediate and vital resources for its ongoing operations and programs, you are helping ensure that the Zoo Director will have discretionary funds that can be spent where and when they are needed most.
Assist our global conservation efforts! Become an “ADOPTive” parent to any species of animal at the L.A. Zoo and help protect and preserve wildlife worldwide. Funds from the ADOPT program enable GLAZA to participate in more than 40 international conservation efforts underway to help save endangered species from extinction.
You can name a resident of the L.A. Zoo!
A very special giving opportunity, the Name an Animal program offers individuals and groups a way to develop a deeper connection with a particular animal at the L.A. Zoo and support the Animal Acquisition Fund at the same time. Established to maintain healthy and genetically diverse animal populations within the zoo community, the fund enables the Zoo to acquire new animals, which helps diversify the collection. For more information about animal namings, please call the Development office at (323) 644-6035.
SAFARI SOCIETY donors are a sophisticated group who share a deep appreciation for wildlife, animal welfare, and the preservation of biodiversity and natural habitats worldwide. This upper-level annual giving program allows donors at a range of giving levels to help advance the mission of the L.A. Zoo while enhancing their own visitor experience through docent-guided cart tours, VIP events, close encounters with wildlife and staff, and much more. There are events and activities geared to children, receptions and lectures exclusive for adults, and all sorts of exciting happenings for the whole family.
Whether you’re celebrating Mother’s or Father’s Day, a birth, graduation, or other personal milestone, or you are looking for a meaningful memorial, the L.A. Zoo’s commemorative program offers participants the opportunity to make a lifelong tribute that is sure to honor those closest to your heart.
L.A. Zoo enthusiasts who have included GLAZA in their estate plans are recognized as members of the Selig Legacy Society. Society participants leave a legacy that enables future generations to experience wildlife at the L.A. Zoo while promoting the health and safety of animals in nature. Learn how you can ensure the future of the Zoo by leaving a bequest.
Over the past decade, GLAZA has advanced the L. A. Zoo’s mission by rebuilding and renovating more than a dozen major animal habitats and care facilities. This ambitious endeavor has been accomplished solely as a result of your contributions in addition to Los Angeles voters who approved numerous propositions and bond measures in support of these efforts. There are naming opportunities at various levels, and you may make a gift or pledge to any of these capital projects, such as the spectacular Rainforest of the Americas, opened in 2014. For more information and to discuss naming opportunities, please call the Development office at (323) 644-4782.
Our Corporate Sponsors can look forward to heightening their business image, expanding their brand awareness, and potentially increasing sales volume— all while demonstrating social responsibility and community involvement—through a wide range of cause-related marketing programs and sponsorship activation methods.
Join with other conscientious top executives and senior managers by enrolling your company in GLAZA’s Business Partners program. Designed specifically for local and regional commercial enterprises, Business Partners annually support the L.A. Zoo’s work in conservation, education, and wildlife preservation while enjoying benefits and privileges offered to their employees.
Want to double your contribution? As you may know, many employers provide a matching gift service to their employees. This means that when you donate to a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) organization, your company will match it at a ratio of between one-half to three times the amount of your gift!
The L.A. Zoo is lucky to have one of the largest and finest groups of volunteers in the country. Volunteers play a vital role in fulfilling the L.A. Zoo’s mission of “Nurturing Wildlife and Enriching the Human Experience,” from helping with office work to assisting our Animal Keepers. We invite you to join this dedicated team.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information.
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question. We may then collect your name, address and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone or by mailing in a check.
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by the GLAZA. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
- GLAZA will not disclose or share any personal information you provide with any other party without your permission, except if required to do so in accordance with a court order, subpoena, or similar legal order, or state or local law, and in the event such disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of GLAZA, its users, and other third parties.
- GLAZA does not sell its mailing list to any organization or company. From time to time, in an effort to increase GLAZA’s membership, GLAZA exchanges or sells membership information – limited to names and addresses – with other selected cultural institutions for a one-time use basis (for that institution). If you would like to opt out of these exchanges, please send us an email at [email protected] with your name and membership information and we will remove your information from these lists.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing at Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association, Vice President Institutional Advancement, 5333 Zoo Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90027.
Revised March 17, 2017