GREATER LOS ANGELES ZOO ASSOCIATION
|TITLE:||Digital Content Intern (Uncompensated)|
|REPORTS TO:||Web Content Manager|
Under the direction of the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association’s web content manager, provides administrative support and creative input for the L.A. Zoo website, blog, and email program.
- Proofreads and fact-checks articles for digital and print publications.
- Conducts research for upcoming articles.
- Assists with miscellaneous duties including but not limited to data entry, scanning, filing, and asset organization.
- Writes at least two bylined stories for the L.A. Zoo blog or one story in a print publication, subject to editing and approval, and may contribute to other articles.
- Writes and edits content for website.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Open to high school graduates, preferably college students majoring in journalism, English, zoology, biology, anthropology, environmental science, or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, develop and maintain a close effective relationship with staff, volunteers, and Zoo visitors.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills. Knowledge of AP style preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of rules of grammar and punctuation.
- Photography and/or videography skills are desired, but not required. Working knowledge of WordPress a plus.
- Experience with Photoshop preferred. Working knowledge of Illustrator and/or InDesign a plus.
Resumes are now being accepted for the Spring 2016 Editorial Internship. Internship dates are flexible, with a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week for 10 weeks.
Send resume and a cover letter plus a writing sample if available, to Brandi Andres at jobs-publications[at]lazoo[dot]org. Please indicate “DIGITAL CONTENT INTERN” in subject line.