LOS ANGELES ZOO PRESENTS ROARING NIGHTS 2018 FEATURING LEGENDARY DJS, SILENT DISCO, LIVE BANDS, ALL-NEW GLAMPING LOUNGE, ANIMAL ENCOUNTERS, AND WILDLIFE-INSPIRED “LIVING ART” PHOTO OPS
CONTACT: GLAZA Press
May 17, 2018
WHAT: The L.A. Zoo’s Roaring Nights summer series is back, offering fun, fascinating explorations at the intersection of music, art, and wildlife on Fridays June 29, July 20, August 17, and September 14. Guests 21 and older are invited to travel through the exclusive after-hours zoo path until 8 p.m., experiencing special animal encounters, feedings, and keeper talks while dining on L.A.’s favorite food trucks. Once the sun sets, the focus shifts to music, with live bands, DJs, and an immersive silent disco every night.
- June 29: Legendary DJ Richard Blade, spins the best of the ’80s and Flashback Heart Attack performs all the greatest hits of the ’80s and beyond.
- July 20: Saved by the ’90s performs songs from the “dopest” decade with hits from the likes of the Backstreet Boys, Goo Goo Dolls, Smash Mouth, Weezer, and Alanis Morissette; DJ Johnny Hawkes spins multi-genre sets featuring the best of EDM, hip hop, funk, pop, classic rock, and more.
- August 17: Cut a rug with local country favorites Highway Starr, performing hits from the likes of Luke Bryan, Keith Urban, and Jason Aldean. DJ Johnny Hawkes returns with multi-genre sets featuring the best of EDM, hip hop, funk, pop, classic rock, and more.
- September 14: Legendary DJ Richard Blade brings the event full circle with Flashback Heart Attack to get you dancing to the most epic anthems of the ’80s.
NEW features to highlight:
- “Living Art” photo ops: guests can take selfies with artworks that have “come to life” at an optical-illusion art gallery. Pose with a vibrant toucan, feed a giant tortoise or giraffe, brush the teeth of a life-size hippopotamus, and float with colorful butterflies.
- The Watering Hole: a rustic open-air hang-spot delivering specialty cocktails, classic lawn games presented by Bud Light, and glamping vibes for the whole crew.
Tickets are $4 off the general admission price until May 30.
Program subject to change without notice.
- Friday, June 29, 2018, 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 20, 2018, 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 17, 2018, 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Friday, September 14, 2018, 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
WHERE: Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens, 5333 Zoo Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90027
The L.A. Zoo is located in Griffith Park at the junction of the Ventura (134) and Golden State (5) freeways.
COST: Tickets are $21, or $16 when purchased online by May 30, 2018. Tickets for Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association members are $16. Must be 21+ to attend. Free parking is available.
L.A. ZOO: The landmark Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens, drawing nearly 1.8 million visitors each year, is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA), whose members meet rigorous professional standards for animal welfare and has achieved renown as an international leader in the preservation of endangered species and a conservation center for the care and study of wildlife.