Title: Data Processing Clerk 2
Status: Full time; non-exempt
Division: Database Administration (Development/Membership)
Reports To: Senior Database Analyst
Under the supervision of the Senior Database Analyst, enters cash receipts/batches into member/donor software and reconciles cash with reports.
- Responsible for entering membership/donations from direct mail campaigns, website transactions, telemarketing charges, on-site membership sales and renewal mail into the Raiser’s Edge Database.
- Verifies cash, checks and charges are balanced before posting and prints reports.
- In response to mail, returned mail, or requests from Development/Membership, makes name, address and email changes, additions, corrections and coding changes to member/donor records.
- Verifies database information and performs cleanup as needed.
- Prepares work for and trains volunteer help when needed, only as requested by supervisor.
- Upon request, initializes processing/batching of all membership cash receipts, including maintenance of batch tracking log.
- Upon request, processes credit card charges and enters data in member/donor software.
- Supports the Membership Department as it pertains to Database operations.
- Reconciles the Volunteer Database with Raiser’s Edge on a regular basis.
- Imports data from external data sources into the Raiser’s Edge database on a regular basis, as needed.
- Performs other duties, as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required
- A minimum of a high school diploma plus two years of data entry experience.
- Knowledge of basic database management principles to enable error identification, tracking of redirected funds and maintenance of system integrity. Experience with Raiser’s Edge Database preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to reconcile computer-generated reports with cash, check, and charge data in order to make deposits to cashroom and locate data entry errors.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal procedures, guidelines and instructions.
- Must be able to enter and process four new member batches (approximately 25 records in each batch) within one workday with complete accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to perform 10 key by touch with accuracy, and to type accurately at a minimum rate of 45 words per minute.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain cooperative productive working relationships with Zoo staff, GLAZA staff and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to remain in a stationary position in a cubicle office environment for extended periods during the day.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on computer screen for extended periods during the day.
- Required to work all GLAZA galas.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
No phone calls or agencies, please
GLAZA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.