TITLE: SPECIAL PROGRAMS ASSISTANT II
SALARY: $15.78 per hour
HOURS: May vary. Current schedules are:
- One (1) position for Wednesday through Saturday 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM and
- Two (2) positions for Sunday through Wednesday 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM.
Days and hours are subject to change and may include weekends and holidays and hours between 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
DUTIES: A Special Program Assistant II will perform a variety of janitorial and routine gardening and landscaping duties. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform custodial work in buildings and restrooms.
- Remove litter and debris.
- Assist in the blowing, sweeping, and washing of cement walks and other areas.
- Hand water trees and shrubs.
- Assist with the pruning of small trees and shrubs and mowing of lawns.
- Pull weeds and cultivate soil.
- Using various tools and power equipment relating to gardening work.
- Lifting up to 70 lbs.
REQUIREMENTS: A Special Program Assistant II must be able to do sustained physical work; understand and follow oral and written directions; and communicate effectively and tactfully with other employees and the public.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates may submit a City application or resume by email to [email protected] or by fax to (323) 644-4776. You may download a city application from www.lacity.org/per/application.pdf.
Open until sufficient applications or resumes are received and may close at any time. If you have any questions, please call the Human Resources office at (323) 644-5330.
*This is a civil service exempt, at-will position. The incumbent will not accrue any civil service tenure or contractual rights in such position. All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for employment and have received a conditional job offer from the Los Angeles Zoo will be required to complete a criminal background investigation which includes fingerprinting. In the event that the job applicant fails to participate with the criminal background investigation or fails to satisfactorily complete or pass the criminal background investigation, the applicant’s conditional job offer will be rescinded or revoked and his or her consideration for employment will be terminated.