PART-TIME GROUNDS MAINTENANCE POSITION
TITLE: SPECIAL PROGRAM ASSISTANT II*
SALARY: $15.78 per hour
HOURS: Wednesday through Saturday 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM or Sunday through Wednesday 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM
However, days and hours are subject to change and may include weekends and holidays and hours between 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
DUTIES: A Special Program Assistant II will perform a variety of janitorial and routine gardening and landscaping duties. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform custodial work in buildings and restrooms.
- Remove litter and debris.
- Assist in the blowing, sweeping, and washing of cement walks and other areas.
- Hand water trees and shrubs.
- Assist with the pruning of small trees and shrubs and mowing of lawns.
- Pull weeds and cultivate soil.
- Using various tools and power equipment relating to gardening work.
- Lifting up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors in various types of weather.
- Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain and stand for extended periods of time. The work may also involve stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Strength to lift and carry tools, equipment and other materials (up to 70 pounds).
- Previous gardening and maintenance experience is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates may submit a City application, Zoo application, or a resume by email to [email protected] or fax (323) 644-4776 or drop it off at a Zoo Admissions Window.
You may download the City application from http://per.lacity.org/appform.htm or obtain a copy of a Zoo application from Zoo Admissions at 5333 Zoo Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90027 or a City application from the City’s Personnel Department at 700 E. Temple Street, Los Angeles, CA.
Application Deadline: Open until sufficient applications are received, may close at any time.
*This is a civil service exempt, at-will position. The incumbent will not accrue any civil service tenure or contractual rights in such position. All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for employment and have received a conditional job offer from the Los Angeles Zoo will be required to complete a criminal background investigation which includes fingerprinting. In the event that the job applicant fails to participate with the criminal background investigation or fails to satisfactorily complete or pass the criminal background investigation, the applicant’s conditional job offer will be rescinded or revoked and his or her consideration for employment will be terminated.