Title: Special Events Assistant
Reports to: Event Manager
Working Hours: Variable
Hourly rate: $12.73
GLAZA employs part-time, seasonal, Special Events Assistants to provide a friendly, welcoming, and positive guest experience to seasonal events held at the Los Angeles Zoo. Duties vary and may include: setting up for special event, decorating for special event, managing lines, providing general and directional information to visitors and assisting Zoo visitors
- Assist with set-up and decorating for the special event.
- Provide excellent customer service while performing assigned duties that involve Zoo guests, docents and volunteers.
- Provide quick and accurate information to the public about the event and general zoo information.
- Assist with opening and closing of the event.
- Assist Events staff as directed during the event.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent customer service and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to the public in a friendly, helpful and respectful manner.
- Excellent communication skills; strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 20-25 pounds using proper safety techniques.
- Ability to move around Zoo grounds on a frequent basis.
- Ability to be stationed in one place for periods of time indoors or outdoors in various climates.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
- Completion of High School or equivalent.
To apply for this position, send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
No phone calls or agencies, please.
GLAZA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.