Birthday Request Terms and Conditions.
LA Zoo Daytime Parties
Terms and Conditions
Party Time Options are: 10:30am-12:30pm or 1:30pm-3:30pm
Rental Space Locations and their costs:
- Gazebo #1 accommodates up to 40 people with a fee of $150.00
- Gazebo #2 accommodates up to 80 people with a fee of $225.00
- Eucalyptus Grove accommodates up to 250 people with a fee of $350.00
- Historic Treetops accommodates up to 500 people with a fee of $600.00
The rental space fee is to reserve a private area for your party. The Gazebo area comes with some picnic tables and seating. Tables and chairs for seating in Eucalyptus Grove and Treetops Terrace are included, subject to availability, and require additional costs for rental of linens and a set-up fee. Your reserved time is for two (2) hours.
Zoo admission tickets or a valid Los Angeles Zoo membership is required for each host and every guest attending your event. LA Zoo membership privileges apply, so if you and/or your guests are members, your/their membership cards may be used for entry. The number of entries is based on the membership level. Admission tickets may be purchased the day of your party or may be purchased in advance.
Groups of fifteen (15) or more: Parties of 15 people or more qualify for the group discount ticket rate of $18 per adult (including seniors) and $15 for children ages 2-12, and children under the age of 2 are free. To receive the group rate, a minimum of 15 tickets must be purchased in a single transaction.
Tickets may be purchased two (2) weeks prior to your event through your private event coordinator. If purchasing tickets ahead of time you have the option of having your tickets mailed to you or you may pick them up using our Will-Call Service, available for an additional $50. Purchasing tickets prior to the party date is strongly encouraged and will expedite your and your guest’s entrance into the zoo.
You may also purchase your group ticket the day of your party at our Admission Tickets Booth the day of your party. Hosts must purchase all tickets together in order to qualify for the group discounted rate.
Groups of fourteen (14) or fewer: Parties of 14 or fewer people must pay the regular Zoo admission rate, and tickets may be purchased at the regular Admissions windows or on a mobile phone. One adult regular admission is $21.00, senior regular admission, ages 62 and over, is $18.00, children’s regular admission, ages 2-12, is $16.00, and children under 2 years are admitted without charge.
Admission tickets are non-refundable. The zoo is unable to issue refunds for “no show” guests. However, zoo admission tickets do not expire and may be used by anyone on any future date
*Regular and group admissions fees are subject to change without notice.*
Will Call Ticket Policy for Private Parties
The LA Zoo offers a “Will Call” service for the price of $50. Instead of handing out admission tickets yourself your guests may pick up their tickets from Zoo staff at Window #5 of the Membership Booth. To use this service, a full guest list must be submitted to your event coordinator via email by THREE business days prior to your event.
If you choose to use the Will Call Service, please be aware of the following policies:
- Tickets must be purchased THREE business days prior to your event date in a single transaction. Email [email protected] to place your order.
- Hosts must provide a full guest list of all attendees THREE business days prior to the event.
- Only guests who are listed on the list provided by the host will receive a ticket.
- If there is an issue with the guest list, the host must come to the Membership booth to handle the issue.
- Zoo staff will be handing out tickets at Membership Booth Window #5 from 10:00-11:15, OR 1:00-2:15 depending on your time slot. If a guest arrives outside of the time frame they can pick up their tickets from the main windows at the Membership Booth; there may be a line.
- Any extra tickets needed may be purchased at full admission price at the Admission Booth.
- If there are tickets unclaimed by guests, the host may collect those tickets for future use from the Membership Booth. Tickets are non-refundable. Tickets do not expire and may be redeemed for general zoo admission on another date.
Touring party locations prior to selection: Prior to booking your party, you are welcome to purchase a ticket, or use your current LA Zoo membership, to visit the Zoo to view the available party locations and select the area most suitable for your party. To ensure that rental fees for the birthday party locations remain affordable, we are unable to offer private tours of the party locations.
Parking is free or preferred parking is available on weekends for up to $10.00 per vehicle, cash only.
Decorations policy: Gazebo #1 has five (5) 46” round tables and Gazebo #2 has ten (10) 46” round tables and two (2) 8’ rectangular tables.
For the safety of our animals, balloons, bounce houses, straws, streamers, open flames, glass bottles, whistles, balls, Frisbees, glitter, string-a-can, silly string, live animals, electric toys, piñatas, sparkles, stickers and confetti are not allowed. We do not recommend bringing anything that requires hanging.
Set-Up and Clean-Up Policy: You may begin set up thirty (30) minutes prior to your assigned party time. Parties must be completed by either 12:30pm or 3:30pm. All clean-up is your responsibility and must be completed within thirty (30) minutes after your party end time. A $60.00 fee will be assessed if the space is not cleaned.
Food and catering: Hosts may bring in their own food only for Gazebos 1 or 2. Hosts may order from our in-house caterer, Volume Services America (minimum thirty (30) guests). In-house catering options include paper goods. Should you decide to bring your own food to the Gazebos, we do not have a means to help you transport items to your party space; we suggest you bring a wagon to help you cart items between your vehicle and the party location. For your convenience, you may purchase cart transportation service for $200, which will take your items to and from the parking lot to the venue. Carts are not available to transport your guests.
Hosts will not have use of a kitchen, refrigerator or access to any electrical outlets for heating food. We do not have storage facilities for food or gifts. Bringing in alcohol is strictly prohibited. If hosts have their event catered by an outside company, a 16.5% fee will be assessed to host by our in-house caterer, Volume Services America, and will require host to submit a copy of their final outside catering bill.
To reserve a party location: Email [email protected] or call Monday-Friday (323) 821-8650 for availability. Reservations are on a first come, first served basis and are only final when full payment of the location fee is received.
Cancellation policy: If you are unable to attend your party, the payments you have made are considered charitable contributions and may be tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Charitable contribution letters are available upon request. Parties will take place regardless of weather: rain or shine. The party space reservation, any scheduled Animal WalkAbout(s), face painter, or caricature artists, and any in-house catering orders cannot be rescheduled.
Catering orders and add-on payments: Final party count, food orders from out in-house caterer, and rental fee payments are due by noon the Wednesday prior to your party. Food orders or other add-ons will be charged to your credit card on the Wednesday before your party. If you wish to use a different credit card, you will need to notify us, otherwise, your original card will be charged.
Add-ons and their costs
- $200.00 – Animal WalkAbout – Thirty (30) minutes with a zookeeper and your choice of a snake, bearded dragon, shingle-backed skink or sugar glider. *subject to animal and keeper availability
- $500.00 Premium Animal WalkAbout: porcupine or sloth. *subject to animal and keeper availability
- $175.00 – Face Painter – One (1) hour
- $175.00 – Caricature Artist – One (1) hour
- $3.00 – Carousel Ride, per person per ride
- $5.50 each – Foam Animal Visors