Boo at the L.A. Zoo 2017
Let us hear your Halloween howl! Treat the imagination, not the sweet tooth, at Boo at the L.A. Zoo, where you’ll find spine-tingling adventure every day in October and spooktacular entertainment – including puppet shows, special animal feedings, and pumpkin carving – on weekends. Costumes encouraged!
Proudly sponsored by:
Daily adventures (seven days a week)
- Nocturnal Adventure Maze – Find your way through a mysterious maze by answering questions about night-roaming creatures. But beware; if you answer wrong, you may end up at a “dead” end! Open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Boo-tiful Photos – Capture frightfully good snaps at our mini pumpkin patch and retro horror movie poster photo ops from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Then share, if you dare, using #BooAtTheLAZoo.
- The L.A.I.R. – No decorations are required for this goose bump-inducing excursion, where you’ll come face-to-face with rare snakes, poisonous frogs, and venomous lizards. Open 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Animals & You Boo – Get up close to creepy critters – so close, in fact, you may even get to touch them! At 10: 45 and 11:45 a.m. daily, with an extra show at 12:45 p.m. on weekends.
Weekend adventures (Saturday and Sunday)
- Fearsome Feedings & Creature Treats – Watch as our animal residents enjoy seasonal treats all their own. See schedule below. Warning: Includes carcass feedings. Parental discretion is advised.
- Swazzle’s Monster Menagerie Puppet Show – Help a lonely mad scientist create the ultimate trick-or-treating buddy by combining animal “super powers.” Shows at 10:30 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. starting Saturday, October 7.
- Masterpiece Pumpkins – Marvel at expert carving demonstrations from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Starting Saturday, October 7.
October 28 and 29 Only
Animal Feedings Schedule
Weekend days starting October 1
Sunday, October 1
Red river hogs at 11 a.m.
Elephants at the Cambodia viewing area at 1:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 7
Lions at 11 a.m.
Komodo dragon at 11:30 a.m.
Sunday, October 8
Gorillas at 1 p.m.
Saturday, October 14
Jaguars at 12 p.m.
Black bear at 1 p.m.
Sunday, October 15
Tortoises at 11 a.m.
Saturday, October 21
Snow leopards at 12 p.m.
Piranha at 2 p.m.
Sunday, October 22
Hippos at 1:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 28
Elephants at the Thai Pavilion at 1:30 p.m.
Tigers at 2 p.m.
Sunday, October 29
Orangutans at 10:30 a.m.
Kangaroos and wallabies at 12 p.m.
Red river hogs at 2 p.m.
Details subject to change.