PART-TIME CUSTODIAL SERVICES POSITION
TITLE: SPECIAL PROGRAM ASSISTANT II*
SALARY: $17.14 per hour
HOURS:11:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays. Hours may change, as needed by the division.
DUTIES: A Special Program Assistant II (Custodial) will perform a variety of cleaning and janitorial tasks in Zoo facilities and around Zoo grounds.
The primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning tiles, floors, stairways, hallways, and rest rooms.
- Cleaning, dusting, and/or polishing office furniture
- Replenishing restroom supplies.
- Cleaning, washing, and polishing windows, hand railings, elevators, and door hardware.
- Emptying wastebaskets and trash cans.
- Moving and arranging chairs, tables, appliances, and other furniture and miscellaneous objects for scheduled activities.
- Replacing electric light globes and fluorescent lamps.
- Picking debris.
- Assisting in the sweeping and washing of cement walks and other areas.
REQUIREMENTS: A general knowledge of (1) cleaning methods and the proper use and maintenance of materials, chemicals, disinfectants, and custodial and kitchen equipment; and
(2) safety practices as applied to custodial and kitchen clean-up work and related equipment.
A Special Program Assistant II must also be able to operate electric cleaning and other light custodial equipment; do sustained physical work; handle fragile items carefully; understand and follow oral and written directions; and communicate effectively and tactfully with other employees and the public. Previous custodial experience is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates may submit a City application, Zoo application, or a resume by email to [email protected] or fax (323) 644-4776 or drop it off at a Zoo Admissions Window.
You may download the City application from http://per.lacity.org/appform.htm or obtain a copy of a Zoo application from Zoo Admissions at 5333 Zoo Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90027 or a City application from the City’s Personnel Department at 700 E. Temple Street, Los Angeles, CA.
Application Deadline: Open until sufficient applications are received, may close at any time.
*This is a civil service exempt, at-will position. The incumbent will not accrue any civil service tenure or contractual rights in such position. All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for employment and have received a conditional job offer from the Los Angeles Zoo will be required to complete a criminal background investigation which includes fingerprinting. In the event that the job applicant fails to participate with the criminal background investigation or fails to satisfactorily complete or pass the criminal background investigation, the applicant’s conditional job offer will be rescinded or revoked and his or her consideration for employment will be terminated.