PART-TIME GROUNDS MAINTENANCE POSITION
For candidates seeking initial City employment, in accordance with Los Angeles City Ordinance 187134, information regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirements as conditions of employment may be found at: https://clkrep.lacity.org/onlinedocs/2021/21-0921_ord_187134_8-24-21.pdf
TITLE: SPECIAL PROGRAM ASSISTANT II*
SALARY: $17.14 per hour
HOURS: Typically, Monday through Friday 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM; number of hours may vary. May also require weekends and holidays.
DUTIES: A Special Program Assistant II will perform a variety of janitorial and routine gardening and landscaping duties. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Remove litter and debris
- Perform general gardening duties
- Assist in the sweeping and washing of cement walks and other areas
- Hand water trees and shrubs
- Assist with the pruning of small trees and shrubs and mowing of lawns
- Pull weeds and cultivate soil
- Using various tools and power equipment relating to gardening work
- Lifting up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work outdoors in various types of weather
- Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain and stand for extended periods of time
- Work may involve stooping, kneeling, and crouching
- Strength to lift and carry tools, equipment and other materials (up to 50 pounds)
- Previous gardening, maintenance, and sprinkler irrigation experience is preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates may submit a resume, Zoo application, or City application by email to [email protected] or fax (323) 644-4776 or drop it off at a Zoo Admissions Window.
You may download the City application from https://per.lacity.org/doc.cfm?get=CityApp or obtain a copy of a Zoo application from Zoo Admissions at 5333 Zoo Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90027 or a City application from the City’s Personnel Department at 700 E. Temple Street, Los Angeles, CA. Please do not input your social security number or driver’s license information on the application.
Application Deadline: Open until sufficient applications are received, may close at any time.
*This is a civil service exempt, at-will position. The incumbent will not accrue any civil service tenure or contractual rights in such position. All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for employment and have received a conditional job offer from the Los Angeles Zoo will be required to complete a criminal background investigation which includes fingerprinting. In the event that the job applicant fails to participate with the criminal background investigation or fails to satisfactorily complete or pass the criminal background investigation, the applicant’s conditional job offer will be rescinded or revoked and his or her consideration for employment will be terminated.