Helpful Honda Info Team Member
Title: Helpful Honda Info Team Member
Reports to: Senior Helpful Honda Info Team Member
Department: Volunteer Department
Working Hours: Weekends, 8:30 am – 5 pm. Occasional weekday hours possible.
Classification: Part-time/seasonal, non-exempt
Compensation: $17.29 per hour
The Los Angeles Zoo is introducing a new way to engage visitors, share information and obtain feedback from the thousands of people who pass through our gates each day.
With funding provided by one of the L.A. Zoo’s long-time sponsors, Southern California Honda Dealers, the “Helpful Honda Info Team” will be stationed in various locations at Zoo to answer questions and to provide a wide range of information to enhance the zoo-going experience for our guests. Team members will also serve as “ambassadors” for our sponsor and will create a positive impression about the brand and its partnership with the L.A. Zoo.
Team members will be equipped to respond to many types of questions from guests, including those about exhibits, amenities, and directions. Ambassadors will also be trained and equipped to handle a range of visitor comments and inquiries, both positive and negative in nature.
Team Members will have the opportunity to reach thousands of Zoo attendees each day, helping them have a memorable and meaningful day at the L.A. Zoo and assisting in our efforts to share a positive message about zoos and their role in conservation and the well-being of our planet.
The Team will generally be on grounds at the Zoo on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- Listen attentively and respond to visitor questions, needs, and concerns.
- Resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Provide concise and accurate information to the public about the Los Angeles Zoo and its animals, exhibits and amenities. Stay informed about the daily schedule of shows and activities, closed animal habitats, and other information for visitors.
- Communicate a positive impression of our sponsor’s brand and of their participation
at the Zoo.
- Assist with gathering information from visitors and completing daily update reports.
- This position will be stationed at highly trafficked locations in the Zoo and will rotate throughout the day.
- Observe and report any safety issues or concerns to Administrator on Duty.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to the public in a friendly, helpful, and respectful manner.
- Demonstrated skills in listening perceptively, conveying sensitivity and awareness to visitors
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve customers’ issues and complaints.
- Ability to meet and greet the public on varying terrains, such as surfaces with inclines, and to maneuver on paved and unpaved surfaces in different climatic situations.
- Demonstrated ability to routinely move around Zoo grounds.
- Integrity and high standards of professional conduct.
- Ability to lift 20-25 pounds using proper safety techniques.
- Ability to be stationed in one place for periods of time in various climates.
- Ability to work weekends, including holidays, and occasional weekday hours.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
- Completion of High School or equivalent.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to: