Marketing and Creative Services Coordinator
Title: Marketing and Creative Services Coordinator
Division: Marketing and Public Relations
Reports to: Director, Marketing and Communications
Status: Full time, non-exempt
The Marketing and Creative Services Coordinator will be an integral part of an in-house marketing team that develops and implements marketing and PR programs for the Los Angeles Zoo and GLAZA. This role is responsible for providing project management and administrative support to the marketing team. This position assists in the planning and execution of marketing activities, maintaining financial accountability, and increasing customer satisfaction. The Marketing and Creative Services Coordinator will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Contribute to the development and execution of marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Develop creative briefs for marketing tactics and/or deliverables, providing clear direction, along with timing, supporting materials, background, and assets, as applicable
- Manage internal review/approvals, production, and implementation of marketing initiatives with in-house and external resources, providing clear, actionable feedback and timing at each stage
- Develop and manage schedules and ensure the on-time delivery of marketing materials across digital, print, and broadcast channels
- Oversee creative and production vendor relationships; for example: as related to media, printed materials and promotional items, including estimating and proof approvals
- Maintain and track marketing department expenditures and coordinate with finance team on invoice processing and reporting
- Compile campaign results reports across all marketing channels and develop key insights
- Develop, administer, and analyze customer surveys
- Provide administrative support with a high degree of initiative
- Coordinate development and approval of vendor and partner contracts related to marketing with in-house legal
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
The Marketing and Creative Services Coordinator must be highly organized, outgoing, collaborative, strategic, and independent. A self-starter who is able to multi-task within a busy work environment, has excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), proven success in managing marketing and communications projects, and strong relationship-building skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, English or equivalent
- 1-3 years of marketing experience developing and executing marketing campaigns
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task and manage assignments with shifting priorities
- Excellent copywriting skills and a natural storyteller
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written, verbal, and presentation format
- Must demonstrate a high degree of poise and professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts – including managers, institutional partners, sponsors, and the general public
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of individuals from multiple departments to accomplish the goals of the organization
- Familiar with report writing, as well as general business procedures
- Up-to-date knowledge of recent technologies and ability to apply to marketing efforts
- Willingness to work as a team member, including supporting events execution, working evenings, holidays, and weekends as needed
- Ability to work independently and ability to handle self-driven projects efficiently
- Operate with a high level of integrity
- Sound knowledge of marketing principles and production processes
- Demonstrable history of achieving or exceeding professional goals
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and ensure timely action
- Excellent computer skills, with above-average aptitude with Office suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook; working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and other creative production tools desired; experience with Teams, Asana, and Sprout Social a bonus
- Must possess a valid Class C driver’s license, a satisfactory driving record, and appropriate insurance
- Ability to travel locally as needed and demonstrated ability to move around Zoo grounds on a regular basis
- Demonstrated ability to remain in a stationary position and work extensively on computers and telephones
- Ability to work all GLAZA galas
- Project Management: Establish project goals, milestones, and procedures, define roles and responsibilities, acquire project resources, coordinate projects throughout organization, monitor project progress, and manage multiple projects.
- Communication: Communicate well verbally and in writing, create accurate and punctual reports, deliver presentations, share information and ideas with others, have good listening skills.
- Strategic thinking: Balance short- and long-term goals, keep work aligned with overall goals, and understand the marketplace, industry, and competition.
- Dependability: Meet commitments, work independently, accept accountability, handle change, set personal standards, stay focused under pressure, and meet attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Decision Making/Judgment: Recognize problems and respond, systematically gather information, sort through complex issues, seek input from others, address root cause of issues, make timely decisions, make difficult decisions, use consensus when possible, and communicate decisions to others.
- Initiative: Tackle problems and take independent action, seek out new responsibilities, act on opportunities, generate new ideas, practice self-development.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapt to change, open to new ideas, take on new responsibilities, handle pressure, and adjust plan to meet changing needs.
GLAZA is the independent, nonprofit support organization of the Los Angeles Zoo. We manage 7 essential departments, including development, membership, special events, site rentals, marketing and public relations, concessions, publications, and volunteers.
GLAZA is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity in its staff and Board of Trustees. Applications are encouraged from all persons, regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical/physical/mental condition, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical conditions, age, marital status, or veteran status.
IMMEDIATE RESPONSE REQUIRED: To be considered for this position, applicants must email a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]