PART-TIME ASSISTANT PARK SERVICES ATTENDANT I POSITION
The City of Los Angeles, Department of the Zoo, has part-time openings for the Assistant Park Services Attendant I position.
TITLE: Assistant Park Services Attendant I*
SALARY: $16.69 per hour
HOURS: Hours are varied. Employees may be assigned to work weekdays, weekends and holidays, any time between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Must be able to work weekends and most holidays.
DUTIES: An Assistant Park Services Attendant I will be assigned to the Guest Services section of the Zoo, and will be working with the public performing a variety of tasks. They may be assigned to work outside in a variety of weather conditions and will be required to work weekends and most holidays. Some examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service via email, phone and in person
- General admission, animal encounter and special program ticket sales
- Verifying ticket purchases
- Facilitating school group ticket sales and check in
- Assisting patrons in the School/Group Reservations Office via email, phone and in person
- Assisting patrons and Zoo visitors at the Zoo Guest Relations Window
- Carousel operations
- Preferred parking operations
- Basic computer skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and great organizational skills
- Friendly, outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic about working with the public
- Excellent customer service skills with a minimum of one year experience
- Minimum of one year cash handling
An Assistant Park Services Attendant I must be able to provide excellent customer service; communicate effectively; follow written and oral instructions; deal tactfully and diplomatically with other employees and the public; handle multiple tasks; and work as part of a team or independently.
Interested candidates may submit a resume via e-mail to [email protected] or by fax to (323) 644-4776.
Filing will close after sufficient applications have been received; may close at any time.
*This is a civil service exempt, at-will position. The incumbent will not accrue any civil service tenure or contractual rights in such position. All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for employment and have received a conditional job offer from the Los Angeles Zoo will be required to complete a criminal background investigation which includes fingerprinting. In the event that the job applicant fails to participate with the criminal background investigation or fails to satisfactorily complete or pass the criminal background investigation, the applicant’s conditional job offer will be rescinded or revoked and his or her consideration for employment will be terminated.