Special Events Assistant/L.A. Zoo Lights
Title: Special Events Assistant/L.A. Zoo Lights
Reports to: Event Manager
Working Hours: 5pm-10:30pm
Classification: Part-time/seasonal, up to 19 hours per week
Hourly rate: $17.29
LA Zoo Lights is returning to the Los Angeles Zoo! L.A. Zoo Lights is a not-to-be-missed nighttime light experience that debuted in 2014. This year will introduce a brand-new experience with over 30 new animal lantern displays and several interactive experiences. The Zoo Lights event will run from November 17, 2022 through January 22, 2023. Training and possible early events will occur prior to November 17th.
GLAZA is seeking part-time, seasonal, Special Events Assistants to provide a friendly, welcoming, and positive guest experience at the event. Duties will include processing ticket sales, managing lines, providing customer service through multi-channel outlets, assisting with special private events, and providing general information to visitors.
- Provide excellent customer service while processing ticket sales, managing the lines, and providing general information to visitors.
- Assist with customer service/ticketing issues via online, phone, and in-person communications
- This position will be responsible for monitoring specific areas along the route and offering directional assistance to guests as they walk through the experience
- Provide quick and accurate information to the public about the event and general Zoo information.
- Assist with opening and closing of the event, including moving barricades, signage, and ensuring a clean environment.
- Observe and report any safety issues or concerns to supervisor on duty.
- Assis with set-up and tear down of special events.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent customer service and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to the public in a friendly, helpful, and respectful manner.
- Excellent communication skills; pay strong attention to detail.
- Cash handling experience desirable but not required.
- Ability to lift 20-25 pounds using proper safety techniques.
- Ability to move around Zoo grounds on a frequent basis.
- Ability to be stationed in one place for periods of time in various climates.
- Ability to work some weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
- Completion of High School or equivalent required.
Immediate response requested: Please submit your resume to [email protected]