LAUSD and UTLA have reached an agreement, with teachers and students returning to school today. It was our privilege to serve our community during the strike.
Free School Day Admission for LA Unified Students
During the event of a strike, we’re extending our LA Unified school group pricing to currently enrolled LA Unified students and their chaperones.
- Free school day admission for LA Unified students, grades K-12, during the event of a strike
- $5 admission per adult chaperone
- Students must show proof of enrollment, such as a student ID, report card, school newsletter, etc.
- Complimentary admission will be offered on school days, only during the event of a strike. Weekends and holidays are regular price
- Tickets available at the Zoo Box Office only. This limited-time discount is not available online
Zoo Camp: Community Safari Days
To assist our community, we’re offering full days of adventure for K-5 students.
Additional dates may be added if the strike continues.
Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., with free extended care beginning at 8 a.m. and lasting until 5 p.m. Space is extremely limited and online advance registration is required. Registration is $50 per student per day.
At the time the strike ends, any fees paid for future dates will be refunded. No refunds will be permitted for other individual cancellations. Community Safari Days will take place rain or shine.
Students should bring their backpacks, provisions, and safari spirit to learn about animals and nature through fun activities, crafts, and more at the L.A. Zoo.
For this outdoor experience, it’s important to pack light. Here are the things every adventurer will need:
- Backpack to carry lunch and TWO snacks
- Water bottle
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Jacket or sweatshirt suitable for the weather
- Please send your child dressed accordingly if rain is in the forecast
Class Time: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., with free extended care beginning at 8 a.m. and until 5 p.m.
Age: Kindergarten through fifth grade
Extended Care: 8-9 a.m. and 4-5 p.m.
NOTE: Your e-ticket print out is required for class admission. Full refunds will be offered if the strike ends. No refunds will otherwise be available. For more information, please call 323/644-4211.