"Boo At The L.a. Zoo" Begins Oct 5 With New Shows, Animal Activities And Vip Experiences, Every Weekend In October
Halloween Month Brings New Interactive Activities, Animal Feedings, Kids Shows, Festive Fall Photo Ops, Trick-or-Treating and Other Fang-tastic Fun at the L.A. Zoo, Weekends in October
“Boo at the L.A. Zoo” kicks off October 5 with frightfully fun – and free! – celebrations involving some of the Zoo’s creepiest and most fearsome residents. Every weekend in October, Zoo guests will enjoy Halloween animal encounters and pumpkin feedings, along with spine-tingling interactive kids shows, a spirited pumpkin patch and hay maze, spooky crafts for kids, plenty of fall photo ops, and more. Costumes are encouraged all month long.”Boo at the L.A. Zoo” is free with paid admission and runs weekends-only in October. Dates: Oct 5 and 6, 12 and 13, 19 and 20, 26 and 27. Halloween activities, shows and animal feedings take place on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.On the last two weekends in October, additional trick-or-treat candy stations will be added throughout the grounds. Trick-or-Treating Dates: October 19 and 20 and October 26 and 27. Sponsored by 99 Cents Only Stores, “Boo at the L.A. Zoo” trick-or-treating is free with paid Zoo admission.Admission to the Los Angeles Zoo is $22 for general admission (ages 13 to 61), $19 for seniors (ages 62+), and $17 for children (ages 2 to 12). No ticket is required for children under 2. Admission for Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association (GLAZA) members is free.“Boo at the L.A. Zoo” 2019 Event DetailsWeekend-Only Dates: Oct 5 and 6, 12 and 13, 19 and 20, 26 and 2710 a.m. to 4 p.m. (unless otherwise noted)
- Spooky Stroll – Enter, if you dare, and discover Halloween games, a mini pumpkin patch, frightfully Boo-tiful photo ops, and more. Visit the Extinct Animal Graveyard to honor dearly departed species and learn how you can help save at-risk wildlife today.
- Mystery Maze – Find your way through this cool hay-bale labyrinth and try to avoid “dead” ends.
- Boo Bird Show – Witness fascinating behaviors of some of nature’s most mysterious and misunderstood flying fauna – owls and vultures – at a special Halloween edition of our popular World of Birds Show at 12 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. every day but Tuesday. Schedule subject to change due to weather.
- Animals & Boo – Get up close to creepy critters – so close, in fact, you may even get to touch them at 10: 45, 11:45 a.m., with an additional show at 12:45 p.m. on weekend days.
- The LAIR – Come face-to-face with rare snakes, poisonous frogs, and venomous lizards. No decorations required for this goose bump-inducing excursion! Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wild, Weird, and Wonderful Tour – Explore the Zoo to find wacky, creepy, or funny facts about some of your favorite animals and those that might be new to you.
“Boo at the L.A. Zoo” Shows, Activities and Animal Feeding Schedule
- 11:30am and 1:30pm – Swazzle’s Monster Menagerie Puppet Show – Help a lonely mad scientist create the ultimate trick-or-treating buddy by combining animal “superpowers.” Performances in Adventure Theater at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- 3pm – “Spooktacular Science” Show – Discover bubbling potions, a hovercraft-powered ghost, and more fun surprises in a mad scientist’s bustling lab. Performances in Adventure Theater at 3 p.m.
- Green-Screen Photo Booth – Get a snap of yourself among some of our most Halloween-y critters.
- Creature Craft – Bring a toilet paper roll from home to create your own cute-and-creepy bat. (Toilet paper roll suggested, not required, for participation.)
- Fearsome Feedings & Creature Treats – Watch as our animal residents enjoy seasonal treats all their own. See animal feeding schedule here, details subject to change. Warning: Includes carcass feedings; parental discretion is advised.
“Boo at the L.A. Zoo” VIP Experiences
- Trick-or-Treating Weekends are October 19-20 and 26-27 Only – Free with admission. Costumes are encouraged. Families will find treat stations throughout the Zoo, with candy, treats and bags courtesy of 99 Cents Only Stores. Available while supplies last.
- “Boo” Creature Camp Out, Oct 26 – 27 – Back by popular demand, this spine-tingling overnight adventure includes Griffith Park ghost stories, meals, themed activities, and animal fun; plus Sunday daytime admission to the Zoo, so families can enjoy trick-or-treating on October 28. Additional fee and advance registration required. Space is limited.Click here to buy tickets here.
- Boo at the L.A. Zoo Upper-Level Members Preview, Oct 26 (Saturday), 8:30 – 10 a.m. – Zoo members at the Family Deluxe level and above have the opportunity to experience Boo at the L.A. Zoo before the Zoo opens to the public, with exclusive shows and animal experiences. To RSVP for this exclusive morning event or upgrade your support in order to attend, please phone 323-644-4770.
Author: LA Zoo