Reindeer Romp 2018
The reindeer have landed!
Real reindeer are back in town and making the L.A. Zoo their home for the holidays! Visit them in Reindeer Village daily, where you’ll also find enchanting photo ops and fascinating facts about Santa’s favorite furry friends.
Weekends offer a flurry of additional fun, with special entertainment and activities including:
- Craft station with make-your-own antlers
- Reindeer keeper talks
- Holiday presents for the animals
- Photos with Santa (for an additional fee)
All activities except Santa photos are free for members and with paid admission. Programming subject to change. The Zoo is closed on December 25.
Daily Reindeer Games, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Real reindeer on display
- Fun reindeer facts
- Holiday photo ops
- Professional photos with Santa are available for a nominal fee 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. on weekend days November 17 through December 23 plus Friday, November 23. Prices vary by package.
- Antler crafts in Reindeer Village 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Reindeer keeper talks in Reindeer Village at 11 a.m. & 2 p.m.
- “Gifts” for the animals (see below for animals, dates and times)
Holiday Gifts for the Animals
Our animals are getting into the seasonal fun with “presents” of their own, which are part of our enrichment program. Enrichment activities are offered throughout the year and promote the physical and mental wellbeing of our animal residents by encouraging natural behaviors. During Reindeer Romp, see your favorite animals enjoy special enrichment treats on weekend days. See schedule below.
Animal Enrichment Schedule
All presentations at 11 a.m.
November 17: Sumatran tigers
November 18: Asian elephants
November 24: Giant river otters at Rainforest of the Americas
November 25: Goats at Muriel’s Ranch
December 1: Cassowary
December 2: Black bear
December 8: Capuchin monkeys
December 9: African painted dogs
December 15: Bornean orangutans
December 16: Red river hogs
December 22: Giant river otters at Rainforest of the Americas
December 23: Snow leopards
December 29: Lions
December 30: Giant river otters at Rainforest of the Americas
January 5: Sumatran tigers
January 6: Sichuan takins