Name an Animal
Animal Naming Opportunities ($1,000 – $25,000)
The Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association is proud to offer groups and individuals an opportunity to name a Zoo resident.
A program of imperial distinction, the animal naming program provides groups and individuals an opportunity to develop a deeper connection with a Zoo resident while supporting the Zoo’s animal acquisition fund, which promotes vital wildlife preservation and breeding projects here and around the world.
Many animals are available for naming with donations commensurate with the animal species chosen.
Donors with L.A. Zoo “namesakes” receive the following privileges:
- Opportunity to name your “wild child”
- Recognition in Zoo publications when your animal is featured
- Official certificate and photograph
- Commemorative plaque presentation and VIP tour, including a visit with your animal’s care staff
New Name an Animal Program Members
- Hovannes: A Crested Capuchin Monkey named by Hovannes Kechian
- Jack: A meerkat named in honor of little Jack Felix Frederick
- SOFIE: A Masai giraffe named by Robert “Bob” McMillan in honor of his great-granddaughter Sofie
- Yoda: A radiated tortoise named in honor of Lynne Richter
- Diana: a Yellow-footed Wallaby named in honor of Diana Alcaraz
- Bubbie: a Golden-cheeked Gibbon named in honor of Kim Krug
For Naming Opportunities, please contact the Development Division at (323) 644-6035.