L.A. Zoo Lights
L.A. Zoo Lights returns for the 2021-22 season and we’re glad to welcome you back with more glowing animals and an unforgettable nighttime journey that includes the world’s largest illuminated pop-up storybook, a magical disco ball forest, giant glittering snowflakes, and a twinkling tunnel filled with dynamic swirls of color. L.A. Zoo Lights is a not-to-be-missed holiday light experience and has glowed brighter each year since its debut in 2014. This year’s event features more light animals than ever before, spectacular new additions – both hand-crafted and high-tech – and returning favorites.
November 19, 2021 – January 9, 2022
6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Closed November 25 (Thanksgiving Day), December 24 (Christmas Eve) and December 25 (Christmas Day)
This is a rain or shine event
Adults (13+) $22.00 • Children (2-12) $16.00 • Members $15.00
Adults (13+) $24.00 • Children (2-12) $17.00 • Members $15.00
Children younger than 2 are free.
*Convenience fee may apply. No refunds. Discount code required for member pricing. Member pricing not valid December 17 – 23.
Three sessions will be available for purchase nightly to aid in efforts to socially distance
6:00 p.m. •7:00 p.m. •8:00 p.m.
Weekend Entertainment and Activities will be provided for guests to enjoy while visiting Zoo Lights
Make unforgettable holiday memories as you explore this wild wonderland of light under the stars at the beautiful L.A. Zoo. Along the way, enjoy seasonal treats and goodies and visit our Holiday Village for the perfect photo opportunity.
- Take a self-guided 60- to 90-minute stroll through a large area of the Zoo filled with wildlife-inspired displays, dynamic lights and projections, immersive interactive experiences, fabulous photo ops, and seasonal magic.
- Enter a fantastical realm to discover more light animals than ever before – with tigers, lions, macaws, monkeys, meerkats, and flamingos “decorating” the Zoo just for you.
- Marvel at sound reactive lights, illuminated singing displays, and wind through the 200-foot tunnel of twinkling and dancing lights.
Know Before You Go
- Guests with 6:00 p.m. tickets may enter any time from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. Guests with 7:00 p.m. tickets may enter any time from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Guests with 8:00 p.m. tickets may any time from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- The Box Office at the Zoo is open from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Be aware that regular commuter traffic around the Zoo on weeknight evenings is heaviest from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- All parking lot gates are open to enter and exit the lot.
- Parking is also available in adjacent lots at the Autry Museum and the lot south of the main lot.
- Lots of great food and drinks are available in the Zoo. Outside food and drinks are not permitted.
Groups & Corporate
To get a special discounted rate for groups of 50+, please call (323) 546-0952.
Companies can enjoy a great rate on L.A. Zoo Lights tickets for employees, members, friends, and family. It’s a wonderful way for your whole organization to experience the dazzling fun together. Please call (323) 546-0952 for more details.
Before contacting us, please check our FAQs to see if your question is answered there. For immediate assistance, contact (323) 289-2000 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday. For general inquiries, please fill out and submit the form below. Please allow up to two business days for a response.
Terms and Conditions
- All sales are final.
- Each ticket is good for one admission to L.A. Zoo Lights at the Los Angeles Zoo on the date and time selected. No re-entry is allowed.
- A ticket does not guarantee entrance at the exact time listed on your ticket. Event entry time may be modified due to capacity or for safety reasons.
- Event hours are subject to change without notice. Facilities, exhibits, shows, and services may close temporarily due to weather, maintenance, private events, or other reasons.
- Mobile tickets are a revocable license. Admission is subject to compliance with all laws and facility policies. E-ticket holders assume all incidental risks and dangers while visiting the Los Angeles Zoo.
- A confirmation email will be emailed to patrons after their purchase with a link to the Mobile Ticketing App. Show your mobile ticket on your mobile device for entry. Please allow up to one hour for delivery. Your order confirmation is not your ticket.
- It is unlawful to reproduce e-tickets in any form. In the event of duplication, the Los Angeles Zoo reserves the right to refuse entry to both the original ticket holder and anyone holding tickets that were duplicated from the original order.
- Event is open rain or shine, no refunds.