The Zoo currently offers a modified guest experience. Advance, timed-entry reservations required for all guests, including members.
When making reservations, please be aware that the animals start going into their night quarters at 4 p.m.
What to Expect
For the health and safety of our guests, staff, and animals, we have made significant changes to ticketing processes and operations. The following guidelines are in place to help ensure a safe and enjoyable visit for everyone.
Please read the information below carefully before planning your visit.
Watch the Video
What You’ll Need
- Advance, timed-entry reservation required, for general admission and members
- Face covering for guests 2 and older
- Physical distance maintained at all times
- Remain stationary and maintain physical distance while eating or drinking
- Credit or debit card
- New traffic flows
- Modified access to exhibits
- Some activities and facilities closed
- Credit card payments preferred for food, retail, and guest amenities
All guests, including members, must now reserve timed tickets online before visiting. NOTE: General Admission tickets are selling fast. Please verify your selected time and date before making your purchase.
Select the specific day and time you would like to visit. Upon completion of your reservation, tickets will be sent to the email address you provide. This ticket will be scanned from your mobile device or a printout at the entrance.
Note: Your reserved time slot is your assigned arrival time until 30 minutes after that time. Once you arrive within that time frame, you are welcome to enjoy the Zoo as long as you want until we close at 5 p.m. Last entry is at 3:45 p.m.
To ensure adequate physical distancing between guests, attendance is capped each day to limit the total number of guests in the Zoo at one time. Guest and Member Services will operate at a limited capacity on-site to assist with ticketing and membership issues only.
Please ensure that you have everything with you before entering the Zoo, as no re-entry will be permitted.
There are no refunds, exchanges, or rain checks. All ticket sales are final.
General Admission tickets are selling fast. Please verify your selected time and date before making your purchase.
General admission tickets for the following month will go on sale on the 3rd Monday of the current month at 12 p.m.
Keeping everyone safe and healthy
The health and safety of our guests, staff, and animals are our top priority.
What we are doing:
- The Zoo has implemented enhanced cleaning procedures for high-contact surfaces and restrooms.
- All Zoo staff are required to wear protective face coverings, submit to daily temperature checks, and stay at home if they are experiencing any signs of illness.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available at Safari Shuttle stops, food facilities, and other locations throughout the Zoo.
- We have temporarily suspended our in-person talks and presentations to avoid gathering.
- Signage and markers are placed throughout the Zoo to remind guests to follow physical distancing guidelines and abide by other safety measures.
What you need to do:
- If you feel sick or are experiencing symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath, fever, muscle aches, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell, or any flu-like symptoms prior to visiting, please stay home and select another day to visit.
- In accordance with City of Los Angeles guidelines, all adults and children 2 years and older are REQUIRED to wear a face covering while visiting the Zoo. There will be no exceptions to this face covering requirement. All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must fully cover the nose and mouth and fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face. A face shield with a fabric drape that extends from the bottom of the shield and is form fitting under the chin is an acceptable alternative. Individuals may remove their face covering while actively eating or drinking, but must be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing. Please make sure you have a face covering with you or plan to purchase one upon arrival. Zoo masks are available for purchase here.
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet between you and other Zoo staff and guests not in your party.
- Remember to wash your hands often, for at least 20 seconds, and do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
Changes in the Zoo
Once inside, you will experience new traffic flows and pathways throughout the Zoo to allow for physical distancing. The majority of the animal exhibits will be accessible to guests.
The activities and facilities that are unavailable until further notice include:*
*Subject to change without notice
Activities and Experiences
- Angela Collier World of Birds Theater and Show
- Talks and presentations
- Giraffe Feedings
- Flamingo Mingle
- Behind-the-Scenes Experiences
- Papiano Play Park
- Tom Mankiewicz Conservation Carousel
- Treetops Terrace
- California Condor Rescue Zone
- Photo Safari
- Face painting
- Caricature artist
- Muriel’s Ranch Contact Yard
- Winnick Family Children’s Zoo Caves and Desert Trail
- LAIR and Desert LAIR
- Australia House
- François’ langur
- Gorilla Grill
- Café Pico
- Fork in the Road
- Aviary restroom
Other high-touch amenities will be closed such as vending machines, drinking fountains, penny press machines, photo booth, telescopes, and sculptures.
Download the Map before you arrive.
Don’t Have Internet Access or a Credit Card? Contact Us.
Guests without internet access or a credit card can reserve a time slot by calling 323-644-4211.
Members without internet access can reserve a time slot by calling 323-644-4747; en Español 323-644-4244.
We want to thank the community for your patience and support. Looking forward to seeing you back at the Zoo!
Still have questions? View our FAQs.