The Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens (L.A. Zoo) and the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association (GLAZA) respect the privacy of our visitors, members, and donors. The purpose of this statement is to define our policy with regard to the collection and use of personally identifiable information via our website, www.lazoo.org.
On Zoo Grounds and Commercial Photography
The Los Angeles Zoo reserves the right to photograph, videotape, or film our visitors, on Zoo grounds, for promotional purposes. The commercial use of photographs, video, and film taken during your visit is strictly prohibited without the written consent of the Los Angeles Zoo.
Two kinds of user information are collected through this website: anonymous information and personally identifiable information.
Anonymous information is information that does not identify specific individuals and is automatically transmitted by your browser. This information can consist of: the URL (Uniform Resource Locator or address) of the Web page you previously visited; the domain names and/or IP addresses of the computer you are using; and your browser software and operating system. This information is used to monitor site usage and traffic patterns of our customers in order to improve our website. This information is always devoid of any personally identifying information.
Personally identifiable information is information that could include: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and credit/debit card information. By sending us an e-mail or filling out an online form, you are sending us personal information. We store this information in order to respond to or process your request.
If you are purchasing a membership, making a donation, signing up for a fee-based event or educational program, purchasing merchandise, or making a similar financial transaction through www.lazoo.org, we need to know your name, e-mail address, billing and shipping address, credit card number and expiration date in order to process and fulfill your order. We may also request additional information about your interests or experiences so that we may better serve you. All personal information we receive is kept secure.
In an effort to increase GLAZA’s membership, from time to time, GLAZA exchanges or sells membership information – limited to names and addresses – with other selected institutions for a one-time use basis (for that institution). If you would like to opt out of these exchanges, please send us an email (to [email protected]) with your name and membership information and we will remove you from these lists.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information.
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question. We may then collect your name, address and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone or by mailing in a check.
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by the GLAZA. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- GLAZA will not disclose or share any personal information you provide with any other party without your permission, except if required to do so in accordance with a court order, subpoena, or similar legal order, or state or local law, and in the event such disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of GLAZA, its users, and other third parties.
- GLAZA does not sell its mailing list to any organization or company. From time to time, in an effort to increase GLAZA’s membership, GLAZA exchanges or sells membership information – limited to names and addresses – with other selected cultural institutions for a one-time use basis (for that institution). If you would like to opt out of these exchanges, please send us an email at [email protected] with your name and membership information and we will remove your information from these lists.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing at Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association, Vice President Institutional Advancement, 5333 Zoo Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90027.
Revised March 17, 2017
E-mail addresses obtained through the Web site will not be sold or given to third parties for marketing purposes.
All contents of this Web site are copyright © Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association, 5333 Zoo Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA. All rights reserved. Reproduction, distribution, or exhibition of text, photographs, graphics, video, and/or audio files on this website is strictly prohibited without prior approval.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please send us an e-mail at [email protected].