Food & Shopping
Zoo Grill, Reggie’s Bistro, Mahale Café, and Churro Factory are open daily. All other restaurants are open on weekends and holidays only.
- Reggie’s Bistro – Offering gourmet salads, burgers, sandwiches, and kids’ meals with an upscale feel and ample outdoor seating next to the International Marketplace gift shops and our famous North American alligator, Reggie. Craft beers and California wines available.
- Zoo Grill – Serving hot carved sandwiches, chicken tenders, healthy kids’ meals, specialty salads, ice cream, and cold drinks. Choose indoor or outdoor seating. Find us at the entry to the Winnick Family Children’s Zoo. Beer available.
- Sweet Treats – Serving ice cream, Icees, cotton candy, popcorn, and sodas. Located next to Zoo Grill.
- Churro Factory – What could be better than a hot churro filled with caramel, Bavarian cream, or strawberry? Or how about our not-to-be-missed churro sundae with chocolate sauce and whipping cream? Also serving pretzels, popcorn, and soft drinks.
- Café Pico – Offering Mexican favorites such as sopes, burritos, and tacos. Enjoy ample outdoor seating in a lush setting. Mexican beers, aguas fresca, and ice cold soda also available.
- Mahale Café – Featuring fresh hand-tossed pizza, grilled chicken and burger baskets, kids’ meals, hot dogs, salads, and deli sandwiches. Outdoor seating allows for stunning views of the giraffes. Draft beer is available.
- La Casita – Located at the crossroads near the main Safari Shuttle station and featuring fresh popped popcorn, cotton candy, cookies, and soft drinks.
- Gorilla Grill – Serving Philly sandwiches, Jodi Maroni sausage, onion rings, kids’ meals, french fries, and hot dogs. Located across from the gorilla exhibit, with ample outdoor seating.
- International Marketplace – This main shopping destination at the L.A. Zoo features a range of international favorites and traditional must-haves. Browse our large collection of gift items, apparel, hats, books, music, plush animals, and much more. Newly added to the marketplace is our Dinosaurs: Unextinct at the L.A. Zoo gift shop featuring a gargantuan selection of fun dinosaur-themed items.
- Safari Station – Located at the crossroads near the main Safari Shuttle station. Offering items such as cameras, film, hats, and sunscreen to make your trip to the Zoo memorable.
If you have a specific item you would like to purchase, please call 323/644-6054 to place a mail order, or send an email to [email protected].
Restaurant and gift shop hours are subject to change with business and weather conditions.