Welcome to the Education Division!
The Education Division exists to support the L.A. Zoo’s mission of Nurturing Wildlife and Enriching the Human Experience.
Education runs through every area of the Zoo, connecting visitors with our conservation messages through a variety of fun, engaging programs, creating stewards of wildlife. The Education Division commits to developing programs that are accessible, purposeful, relevant, and that meet the needs of our diverse audiences and high educational standards.
The Los Angeles Zoo’s Education Division delivers programs that are enjoyable, educational, and inspirational. In this section you will find a list of current programs. We want you to come join us!
What we've been able to accomplish
- More than 3,000 children from underserved schools to enjoy an all-expenses paid field trip to the Zoo (ZooPals)
- More than 50 children to be awarded full scholarships for one week of Zoo Camp
- Eight high school students to participate in a real in-situ animal conservation field study programs
- The docent outreach program to reach more than 20,000 people in over 250 schools, libraries and special needs institutions
- Brotman Foundation of California
- BCM Foundation
- Duttenhaver Fund
- The Ella Fitzgerald Charitable Foundation
- Georgina Fredrick Children’s Foundation
- Joseph Drown Foundation
- Los Angeles Federal Credit Union
- Morrison & Foerster Foundation
- Mark Hughes Foundation
- Thomas and Dorothy Leavey Foundation
- Union Bank Foundation
- U.S. Bank
- William Randolph Hearst Foundation