Safari Society donors are a sophisticated group who share a deep appreciation for wildlife, concern for animal welfare, and for the preservation of biodiversity and natural habitats worldwide. Participants enjoy docent-guided cart tours, VIP events, donor recognition and much more.
This upper-level annual giving program is a mainstay of the L.A. Zoo, allowing donors at a range of giving levels to help advance the education and conservation programs, provide care to the animal and plant life exhibited here, and enhance the visitor experience.
- Personalized assistance in planning Zoo visits and private tours
- Exclusive access to wildlife and wildlife experts
- VIP experiences
- Fees discounted on private events in uniquely stunning locations*
- A dedicated Access Line for all your L.A. Zoo needs
L.A. ZOOm to You
Safari Society and Wildlife Caretakers are invited to tune in for an exclusive, live-streamed web chat to learn more about conservation programs that the L.A. Zoo supports. GLAZA President, Tom Jacobson and CEO and Zoo Director, Denise Verret will host a panel of experts and discuss the important, behind-the-scenes work going on every day.
Upcoming L.A. ZOOm to You Events
Thursday, August 11, 2022 @ 6 p.m. | Asian Elephants with Founder of the Sabah Biodiversity Conservation Association (Seratu Aatai) Dr. Nurzhafarina (Farina) Othman and Director of Conservation Dr. Jake Owens.
Thursday, November 10, 2022 @ 11 a.m. | African Painted Dogs with Executive Director of the Painted Dog Research Trust, Greg Rasmussen and Director of Conservation Dr. Jake Owens.
Thursday January 12, 2023 @ 1 p.m. | Chimpanzees with Curator of Conservation, Research & Chimpanzees at Lion Country Safari Dr. Tina Cloutier Barbour, PhD and Curator of Mammals Candace Sclimenti.
Thursday, March 2, 2023 @ 4 p.m. | Roti Island Snake Necked Turtles with Curator of Amphibians, Reptiles, and Fish Ian Recchio
Please contact us at [email protected] or (323) 486-6976 for more information about the L.A. ZOOm to You web series.
Babytalk: Western Lowland Gorilla
Tuesday, September 20, 2022
Western lowland gorillas are currently considered Critically Endangered in the wild due to illegal hunting, susceptibility to diseases such as the Ebola virus, and habitat degradation and destruction. Despite the fact that all killing, capture, and consumption of great apes is illegal, hunting for bushmeat is the primary reason for the western lowland gorilla’s decline. This species of gorilla is native to the lowlands and swamp forests of Cameroon, Central African Republic, Equatorial Guinea, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, and Angola.
Visit the Zoo before it opens for an exclusive viewing of our little charmer and hear about the efforts underway at the LA Zoo, and internationally, to support the conservation of the western lowland gorilla.
These peaceful animals are social and live in stable, cohesive groups composed of one silverback adult male, several adult females, and their offspring. Baby Angela was born on January 18, 2020, to mom N’djia and dad Kelly and resides in the Campo Gorilla Reserve habitat, along with companions Rapunzel and Evelyn.
Event is limited to 20 guests.
Babytalks are an exclusive benefit for Safari Society donors at the Jaguar Jamboree level and higher.
For questions or to RSVP, please contact us at [email protected] or (323) 486-6976 by Tuesday, September 13th.
An enchanting evening of wildlife experiences at the Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens (LA Zoo), held exclusively for the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association (GLAZA) Safari Society and Corporate Leaders.
Levels & Benefits
Complimentary and unlimited admission to the Zoo, in addition to:
- Ten Safari Shuttle tickets
- Eight guest passes to provide admission to family, friends, caregivers, etc.
- A direct connection to the L.A. Zoo via the dedicated Safari Society Access Line to arrange private tours, ask questions, RSVP for events, or make special preparations for your next visit
- Your name(s) on the donor wall prominently located inside the L.A. Zoo’s front entrance and in the GLAZA annual report
- Two private, docent-led cart tours, customized to suit your interests, for up to six people each*
- Invitations to events hosted throughout the year exclusively for Safari Society donors
- Two complimentary tickets to attend Sunset Safari, an insiders’ party for the entire family
- Courtesy Family Membership to use as a gift for the recipient of your choice
- Discounts on select paid special events held throughout the year
- Previews of new and renovated exhibits at VIP receptions.
- 10% discount on catering for special events of your own design, including weddings, birthday parties, family reunions, and corporate or foundation board meetings*
Donors at this level receive the benefits available to Giraffe Tower donors, plus the following additional benefits:
- The opportunity to schedule one private, front-of-habitat Keeper Talk with an animal of your choice (from a list of over 30 species), for up to six people*
- An additional (for a total of three) private, docent-led cart tours, customized to suit your interests, for up to six people each*
- Two additional complimentary tickets (for a total of four) to attend Sunset Safari
- A complimentary “adoption” in honor or memory of the person of your choosing
- 5% discount on on-site fees in stunning locations for special events of your own design, including weddings, birthday parties, family reunions, corporate and foundation board meetings, etc., plus 10% off catering costs*
Donors at this level receive the benefits available to Eagle Aerie donors, plus the following:
- The opportunity to schedule one additional (for a total of two) private, front-of-habitat Keeper Talk experiences with animals of your choice for up to six people each
- The opportunity to arrange private, early-morning access to the Zoo for up to 20 family and friends. Plus a keeper talk with the animal of your choice, and a light continental breakfast with your exclusive group
- Birth announcements and invitation to our quarterly BabyTalk events, presented by the newborn’s keeper
- Front-gate pick-up and transportation into the Zoo (not available on weekends or holidays; 48-hour advance notice required)
- An additional 5% discount, or 10% total, on on-site fees in incomparable locations for special events of your own design, including weddings, birthday parties, family reunions, corporate or foundation board meetings, etc., plus 10% off catering costs
Donors at this level receive the benefits available to Jaguar Jamboree donors, plus the following:
- The opportunity to schedule one additional (for a total of three) private, one additional (for a total of two) private, front-of-habitat Keeper Talk experiences with animals of your choice, for up to six people each*
- Two additional complimentary tickets (for a total of six) to attend Sunset Safari
- A “zoo-riffic” silent auction gift basket for the charity of your choice
- An invitation to the exclusive Silverback Leadership Dinner with Zoo Director and GLAZA President
- Unlimited free use of traditional wheelchairs and single or double strollers and half-price on electric scooters
- An additional 5% discount, or 15% total, on on-site fees in magnificent locations for special events of your own design, including weddings, birthday parties, family reunions, corporate or foundation board meetings, etc., plus 10% off catering costs
- The opportunity to enjoy a private lunch with an L.A. Zoo Curator or keeper of your choice hosted on-site at Reggie’s Bistro*
- One complimentary enrollment and one year of Safari Society benefits at the Giraffe Tower level, to introduce friends and colleagues to the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association (valid for new Safari Society households only)
- Donors at this level receive the benefits available at all other Safari Society levels, plus the following:
- The opportunity to host a private party for you and your guests in unique and exotic settings at the L.A. Zoo with the on-site fee waived
- Premium seating at the annual Leadership Dinner with Zoo Director and GLAZA President
- A profile of you and/or your family in an issue of Zoo View magazine, pending your interest and approval
- If you wish to host more than one private party during the year, you will be extended a 20% discount on on-site fees and 10% off catering costs for each additional event
*Due to current restrictions, some benefits have been suspended until further notice.
For information on Safari Society donations please call (323) 486-6976.