Winter Wild Weekends at the L.A. Zoo
Introducing a “new breed” of holiday fun!
This season, join us for a wildly unique holiday gift and sustainability fair, produced in partnership with the creative minds at Odd Market.
Winter Wild Weekends feature hand-crafted, one-of-a-kind items available for purchase, eco workshops and kids’ craft activities, live music, snow flurries twice daily, treats for select animals, and, of course, photos with Santa (for an additional fee). All activities except Santa photos are free for Zoo members and with paid admission.
Time spent with family and friends is the greatest holiday gift of all. Make the most of it with this delightful daytime outing that’s less about consumerism and more about connecting – with each other, with local crafters, and with nature and wildlife.
Winter Wild Weekend activities (10 a.m. to 4 p.m. unless otherwise noted):
- Gift bazaar featuring expertly curated local crafters
- Two 30-minute sustainable living workshops per day (time TBA)
- Live music throughout the day
- Eco crafting station
- Holiday presents for the animals (see schedule below)
- Snowfall twice daily in the Holiday Village at Eucalyptus Grove, at 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Photos with Santa (for an additional fee) from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Programming subject to change. The Zoo is closed on December 25.
Vendors & Artisans
All presentations at 11 a.m.
November 30: Sumatran tigers
December 1: Asian elephants at Thai Pavilion
December 7: Goats at Muriel’s Ranch
December 8: Wombats at Australia House
December 14: Bornean orangutans
December 15: Red river hogs
December 21: Takins
December 22: Snow leopards
Details subject to change.